Monday, April 30, 2012

Mick Boogie & Jonathan Mannion: Creating The Cover [Video]



In honor of the Beastie Boys being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... I thought it's finally the right time to do a mixtape. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time... something people have asked me to do for a long time, actually... but I wanted it to mean something. Now... is the right time. I present to you 'Grand Royal.'

But I wanted to make it special. Something beyond just an audio experience. I called my friend Jonathan Mannion... the legendary photographer (Jay-Z's first four albums, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Nas, Aaliyah, the list goes on and on), and we decided to re-shoot the iconic cover from the Beastie's 1989 classic 'Paul's Boutique.'

This video, shot by Sasha and Roman of the amazing CNNCTD+ team, follows us to the famous LES location where 'Paul's Boutique' was originally photographed, and the hilarity that ensues.

No comments:

Post a Comment