Saturday, November 6, 2010

Def Sound "Alive" (Mixtape)

defsound_alive

We slept HARD on this one.

Its 2010, all I wanted people to know was I was Alive. So I made this in my first year of fully dedicating my life to art. I want you 2 feel as Alive and inspired as I do. Its an ITtape because its not really a mixtape its just IT for now. Whatever IT is 2 you. Its been 2 years since I dropped “Something.” literally… EVERYTHING has changed. I felt like writing my name on everything especially things I dont own. Like your ears. Just like a young graff artist with a bunch of new cans he cant wait 2 use. Just a reminder 4 people I am Alive. I thought about it the other day randomly and BIGGIE named his first album “Ready 2 Die” and I am naming my first tape “Alive”. Theres something significant about that without trying to be different. I just am. I didnt want to make something that was 2 contrived or boring. I wanted something 2 show the growth that had 2 happen before I put out the Sequel 2 “Something.” (“Anything.” Jan. or Feb. of 2011) there have been many transitions and choices (Art is just a publically displayed choice that exists independent of opinions and its creator). I wanna thank Maceo for the artwork, every feature, guest, muse, and The Port's for all the support on the project, and EVERYONE who already knows the deal I couldnt make this without ALL of you.I feel like a completely new person.

I am Alive.


DOWNLOAD


Seen and heard at defsound.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment