Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Art of Justin Guse

justinguse

The art of Justin Guse takes the concept of graffiti to an entirely new level. It is one thing to paint 3D effects, but creating a 3D environment is something altogether different, and more important, refreshing. Below is the description of some of his work, directly from the man himself:

Urban sprawl, also known as suburban sprawl, is a multifaceted concept, which includes the spreading outwards of a city and its suburbs. In these pieces I hope to document the energy of raw graffiti like 3D structures tearing apart visual space and reclaiming urban environments. Both graffiti and native artwork influence my daily art-flow and these pieces speak from my heart as a reminder of indigenous culture. The spaces I chose often hold a strong history, Energy or otherwise underlying beauty that can sometimes get masked by daily city life. This passion for reclaiming public space emerges out of a passion for street art and I continue to look towards graffiti and native art as two of my main sources of inspiration.

Seen and heard at NotCot

No comments:

Post a Comment